CURRICULUM OF THE SPECIALIST OF HOSPITAL OCHOA Dra. Mª Victoria García
- 2005/2011 Graduate in Medicine and Surgery en la Universidad de Córdoba
- 2012/2017 He completed his residency and specialised in Intensive Care Medicine. en el Hospital Regional Universitario de Málaga
She has collaborated in scientific journals and participated in research projects in Andalusia and London.
Duties performed: I started my training as an intensivist. During this period I have learnt and acquired competences in:
- Initial assessment and first care of the critical patient in all modalities, both acute and chronic patients.
- Screening of patients requiring admission to the ICU for those who may benefit from treatment on the ward.
- Multiple techniques necessary in my daily care work (central line cannulation, percutaneous tracheostomies, thoracocentesis, pericardiocentesis, implantation of transient pacemakers). Management of mechanical ventilation.
- Management of renal replacement techniques, management of liver clearance (MARS).
- Use of complementary diagnostic techniques: basic general and cardiac echocardiography. Pacemaker monitoring.
- Management of different types of postoperative procedures (neurosurgery, liver surgery, complex abdominal surgery, thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, cardiovascular surgery) and liver transplants, pancreas and kidney-pancreas transplants.
- Basic Life Support and Semiautomatic Defibrillation Instructor (2015). Course endorsed by the National CPR plan and SMICYUC.
- Degree in Good Clinical Practice Training (2013). London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. University of London.
- Clinical Simulation in the Management of Hyponatremia, Hospital la Fe (Valencia) March 2016.
- Course on extracorporeal clearance in critically ill patients with renal dysfunction. March 2016
- Emergency ultrasound: FAST protocol, BLUE protocol, echocardiography, vascular ultrasound. April 2016
- Continuous training course for Residents on Infection in the critically ill patient. November 2015
- Treatment of coagulopathy in patients with critical haemorrhage. December 2015
- Fundamentals of Respiration and Ventilation. March 2014
- Monitoring in the ICU. June 2014
- Fundamentals of Intensive Care (Fundamental Critical Care Support) Society of Critical Care Medicine California), held in Madrid and endorsed by SOMIAMA in November 2013.
- Training in Advanced Life Support. October 2012
- Course on Infective Endocarditis. March 2012
- Seminar on main modes of Mechanical Ventilation. Mechanical Ventilation Club
Most relevant congresses and publications
- LI National Congress of the Spanish Society of Intensive Care Medicine, Critical Care and Coronary Units. Valencia. June 2016
- XXXV Congress of the Andalusian Society of Intensive Care Medicine and Coronary Units. Malaga. March 2016
- XXVII National Congress of the Spanish Society of Emergency Medicine. Zaragoza. June 2015
- X Pan-American and Iberian Congress of Critical Medicine and Intensive Care. Madrid. June 2014
- From 2012 to the present, I have participated as co-investigator in the CRASH3 study: International Multicentre Study coordinated by the London School of Public Health.
- From 2015 to the present, I have been participating in the Andalusian project for the monitoring and recording of Therapeutic Effort Limitations in Intensive Care Units. In my centre I have been responsible for data collection.