Specialists in Otorhinolaryngologist in Marbella
In recent years, the speciality of Otorhinolaryngology has experienced great advances in techniques and surgeries, both for adults and children.
The main challenge is to detect different ear, nose and throat pathologies at an early stage. In this sense, it is essential to have a team of specialists in Otorhinolaryngology, as we do in our Hospital in Marbella.
Hospital with Otolaryngologist
At our ENT hospital in Marbella we treat surgically all the pathologies that comprise adult and paediatric otorhinolaryngology. From endoscopic nasosinusal (nose) surgery to any disease of the larynx and pharynx.
We are also highly specialised in a wide range of otosurgery (ear surgery), both those involving the middle ear and those requiring the fitting of hearing aids and implants.
Private Otolaryngology Consultations
In our ENT Hospital, a reference on the Costa del Sol, you will find a private ENT specialist who will attend to you in a personalised and agile manner for the diagnosis and treatment of any ENT-related problem.
Remember that, as a general rule, it is highly recommended to see an ENT doctor if you experience any discomfort in your ear, nose or throat that affects your daily life. In this respect, the most common ailments are:
- Ear: Hearing loss, pain, tinnitus (ringing), vertigo, internal inflammation, otitis, etc.
- Nose: Prolonged bleeding, allergic reactions, blocked nostrils or loss of smell.
- Throat: Swelling that prevents us from swallowing normally or any changes in the glands.
ENT Surgeons and Otorhinolaryngologists
At Hospital Ochoa we are proud to have some of the most prestigious ENT doctors in Spain. His experience and knowledge is put in the hands of our patients, to whom we offer a complete and integrated service in the treatment of nose, throat and ear, including diagnosis, treatment and surgery of all ENT pathologies.
When to go
As a general rule, it is advisable to go to the doctor when you feel any discomfort in the ear, nose or throat that affects your daily life. The most common ailments tend to be:
- Nose: Prolonged bleeding, blocked nostrils, loss of smell and allergic reactions are common manifestations. They may indicate that you may be suffering from a disease of this area of the respiratory tract.
- Hearing: The ear specialist is often consulted for hearing loss, but also for pain or tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Dizziness during any activity, or the sensation of internal swelling are also good reasons as they could alert us to otitis.
- Throat: It is important to see an ear, nose and throat specialist if any inflammation appears that prevents you from swallowing normally or if you notice any changes in the glands.
- Rhinology: Specialty that diagnoses and treats nasal (rhinitis) and sinus (sinusitis) conditions, including allergic processes and endoscopic nasosinusal surgery.
- Pharyngolaryngology: It treats all types of pathologies and alterations of the larynx and pharynx that can affect the quality of the voice.
- Otology and audiology: It is concerned with the study and treatment of diseases of the ear, including hearing and balance.
At Hospital Ochoa we treat surgically all the pathologies that comprise adult and paediatric otorhinolaryngology. Endoscopic nasosinus surgery (nose), any disease of the larynx and pharynx and, in addition, we are highly specialised in a wide range of otosurgery (ear), both those located in the middle ear and those requiring the fitting of hearing aids and implants.
Frequently asked questions about otorhinolaryngology
The following is an answer to the concept of otorhinolaryngologist and everything related to the term.
Otolaryngology is the part of medicine concerned with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the ear, nose and throat. This speciality deals with very important aspects of our daily lives such as speech, hearing, breathing and balance.
Medication, rehabilitation or surgery, depending on the case, are the main treatments. In addition, their surgeries are usually short. Although historically otolaryngology focused on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of diseases of the ear, upper respiratory tract (mouth, nose, pharynx) and aerodigestive tract (mouth, nose, pharynx and larynx), it now also encompasses cervicofacial surgery.
The otolaryngologist deals with the functions of areas such as respiration, olfaction, swallowing, speech and voice, as well as the facial and cervical structures involved in them. These functions directly influence people’s well-being and quality of life, as they are crucial in the daily lives of all of us.
In this way, the field of action of our otolaryngologists in Marbella includes:
- Sense organs (hearing, smell and taste)
- The central vestibular system
- The upper aerodigestive tract
- Organs of phonation
- The skull base and some types of tumours