24hr Emergency Ward
Hospital Ochoa has an ER / A&E emergency ward open 24 hours every day of the year.
Health emergencies of all kinds are addressed, such as diseases in acute phases or trauma injuries in need of immediate treatment. Patient stabilisation and resuscitation are also provided for the most critical cases.
- Surgical and medical emergencies
- Localised trauma emergencies
The emergency ward assesses all patients in order to allocate priority to the most critical patients. A process of triage will distinguish between patients in need of urgent care and those in need of emergency care, the latter experiencing life-threatening conditions and in need of immediate treatment.
Emergency ward facilities
Hospital Ochoa’s emergency ward is equipped with:
- Three medical rooms.
- Trauma center for physical injuries.
- Observation beds.
- Respiratory room for patients with breathing difficulties.
- Critical care room for patients requiring continuous monitoring.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Complete radiology service including CT scan.
- Traumatology and surgery.
- Postoperative care.
- First aid for traffic accidents.
- 24-hour laboratory tests.