Hospital Ochoa’s Breast Care Unit is dedicated to comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for women with breast conditions.
Breast diseases make up a number of conditions, and the most common symptoms are breast mass, breast pain, and nipple discharge. While the majority of breast diseases are noncancerous, periodic check-ups and early diagnosis are nevertheless critically important.
Benign lumps such as cysts, fibroadenomas, or fibrocystic breast changes, may or may not be removed depending on different factors such as their size, evolution, or pain they cause. Breast cancer is a far more serious disease for which the most common treatment is surgery. Surgical options may include lumpectomy, partial mastectomy, radical mastectomy, and reconstruction.
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed type of cancer amongst women in developed countries. In Spain over 20,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed every year. Early detection is vital for its successful treatment.
Breast care services
- Ultrasound and MRI imaging
- Breast-conserving surgery (lumpectomy or partial mastectomy)
- Radical mastectomy with immediate reconstruction
- Intraoperative pathological study
- Wire-guided localisation of impalpable lesions
- Ultrasound-guided and stereotactic biopsies