Pediatrics involves the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. Differences between adult medicine and pediatric medicine are mostly due to the differences in body size and maturation.
Congenital defects, genetic variance, and developmental issues are of greater concern to pediatricians, and the immature physiology of the infant or child must be taken into account when considering symptoms, prescribing medications, and diagnosing illnesses.
Aside from pediatrics, Hospital Ochoa has specialist physicians dedicated to children within the fields of ophthalmology, psychology, dentistry, ENT and cardiology.
Our Pediatrics Department provides:
- Diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care.
- Various health check-ups and examinations.
- Interdisciplinary consultations with other medical specialties.
- Preferential access to laboratory tests.
Walk-in office hours (for patients without an appointment) are:
Dr. Justo de Alba:
- Monday, tuesday and thursday of 16:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday of 9:00 – 10:00 and 12:30 – 13:30
- Saturday of 9:00 – 14:00
Dr. Gloria Rodríguez:
- Monday, tuesday, thursday and friday of 8:30 – 9:30 and 13:00 – 13:30
- Wednesday of 16:00 – 16:30
*The above office hours are subject to change. To confirm these, or to make an appointment during or outside of these hours, please call 952 861 400.
Frequency of Check-ups
Hospital Ochoa Marbella recommends that babies receive monthly check-ups until they’re six months of age. During this period, parents adopt adequate feeding guidelines and breastfeeding is reinforced in order to enhance the baby’s development.
Between the ages of 6 and 12 months, it is advisable to visit the pediatrician every two months. Between ages 1 and 2, visits should be every three months. Once the child is 2 years old, medical check-ups are recommended to be annual until the age of 14.