Rheumatology is devoted to the diagnosis and therapy of immune-mediated disorders of the musculoskeletal system, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, vasculitides, and inherited connective tissue disorders. Rheumatic diseases can affect the joints, muscles, and bones causing pain, swelling, stiffness, and deformity.
In Spain, almost one in four people suffers from one of the 200 rheumatic disorders, such as gout, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis of the spine or hip, or the lesser known Sjögren’s syndrome. As a result, rheumatic health issues are amongst the most common reasons why patients see a doctor.
Hospital Ochoa Marbella offers personalised medical care for rheumatology patients. This includes a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for the study and treatment of the following:
- Inflammatory rheumatic diseases: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, etc.
- Autoimmune diseases: systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjögren’s syndrome, scleroderma and other connective tissue disorders.
- Ankylosing spondylitis and other spondyloarthropathies.
- Crystal arthropathies such as gout.
- Locomotor system diseases of non-traumatic origin.